View detailed Pumps Inspection packages
3 Inspection packages for your Metso Outotec pumps are designed to reduce unplanned downtime, equipment failure and risks associated with operating faulty equipment.
Inspections catch issues early for less unplanned stoppages which carry more risks than properly planned maintenance breaks
Identifying problems before they escalate ensures higher equipment availability
Reduced excessive water usage
By adjusting flushed glands, this allows operations to avoid excessive water usage
Extended pump lifetime
Getting fast & accurate information about the condition of your pumps allows for improved operation & maximized equipment lifetime
Catch issues earlier for highest equipment reliability
Undetected issues can lead to breakdowns and unplanned service work, significantly increasing repair costs and production losses.
Get fast, accurate information about the condition of your equipment, recommendations for maintenance and improved operation with our systematic pump inspections.
The information provided will assist in minimizing unscheduled downtime and reduce long-term operating expenses. Our specialists can also recommend service agreements and spare parts.
Pumps that are running smoothly will use their energy requirements most efficiently. Regular inspections can identify problems and give you a chance to solve the issue, thus reducing waste and getting the most from your equipment.
1. Visual and Vitals
A full inspection with the pump operating, this is a quick way to understand your pumps overall condition for peace of mind.
- Visual inspection of the general installation, pump, motor, drive and system
- Catch safety hazards, underperforming pumps and general observations
- Wet end: leaks around inlet and outlet connections
- Shaft seal: gland performance and adjustments as required
- Bearing assembly: temperature and vibration
- Historical data helps predict pump performance over time
- Detailed future inspections recommended if needed
2. Mechanical Verification
Full inspection of a non-operating, rotable spare or stocked pump. This can be undertaken at the installed location or in a service workshop. This allows you to maximized pump availability through a more detailed service inspection with additional adjustments and services. Includes the visual and vitals with extras, such as:
- OEM inspection with guards removed
- Impeller axial clearance adjustment as required
- Inspection of wear and spare parts
- Inspection of drive components
- Historical data helps predict wear and spare parts life and service intervals over time
3. Comprehensive / Customized
This is a full visual, vitals and mechanical inspections. Additional inspections, measurements and services are performed, thus further maximizing pump performance and equipment longevity.
- Customizable reporting including measurements and action recommendations
- Modernization and upgrade recommendations
- Spare part audit and availability check
- Plant optimization: Pump performance checked against the PumpDim sizing and process data
Find out more
Our comprehensive slurry pump offering covers horizontal pumps and vertical pumps capable of handling tough and abrasive duties.
Horizontal slurry pumps
Metso Outotec offers a comprehensive line of horizontal slurry pumps to serve a wide range of slurry transport applications. The total ...
Vertical slurry pumps
Vertical slurry pumps are highly configurable pumping equipment designed to reduce maintenance and operating costs. They require less ...
Related customer cases and blogs
Reduced energy consumption with pumps
The Jiaxing Power Plant faced problems with its pumps, which impacted the plant’s operations. The solution brought in multiple benefits.
3 times lower mine pumps wear costs
Itaminas mine in Brazil, chose to install over 70 of our slurry pumps with special gland seal technology.
Toll milling to gold mining industry
The mill discharge pumps at Greenfields Mill's mine are equipped with our unique slide-base technology.
Contact local sales experts
Select your industry to open the form.
Your information is safe. Check our privacy notice for more details.
We will shortly contact you. You can send a new inquiry again after 15 minutes.