A new generation feedwell with high solids retention & mixing efficiency that eliminates feed short-circuiting. It offers low shear for ideal floccule growth, even discharge symmetry & excellent feed preparation. As part of Planet Positive, the Reactorwell™ ensures low flocculant usage.
- Has a unique channel and mixing jet design
- Optimized with hundreds of industry leading CFD simulations
- Covered by multiple global patents
How does it work?
The Reactorwell™ enables maximum thickener usage due to a higher exit symmetry, resulting in better thickener operability & improved response to process changes. It also enables improved overflow clarity with higher underflow density.
- Performs exceptionally well in process scenerios where many current Feedwells struggle
- Pictured is a 6m Reactorwell with incoming feed of 48% solids diluted to 10% without pumped dilution required
- >90% of the volume is utilised for floccule growth
- Delivers well mixed & evenly distributed exit flows even with large feedwells (>6m) & across a large solids fraction range
- Many feedwell designs promise good symmetry but this is achieved with easier applications (small feedwells, no dilution, low feed % solids)
Due to its intelligent design and modularity, the Reactorwell™ is easy to maintain. It consistently achieves high unit area throughput. The improved Autodil™ performance minimizes the need for pumped dilution. This all leads to low total cost of ownership.
- Flocculant usage is one of the highest running costs for a thickener. The Reactorwell™ features are proven to lower thickener running costs
- Easy to maintain since the feed trough can be removed and replaced; maintenance can be more difficult with existing feedwell designs
- The Reactorwell can also be upgraded to a new channel configuration if process conditions significantly change