A WESP is traditionally the last piece of gas cleaning equipment before the process gas enters the acid plant or stack. Performance losses in this section can have a significant influence on acid product quality, plant availability or maintenance costs as passing particles will lead to impurities in the sulfuric acid, form plant deposits or result in emissions into the atmosphere.
Ensuring high performance of the WESP is therefore essential and requires in-depth knowledge of the equipment with regards to process, mechanical and electrical aspects. Due to long service intervals, it is almost impossible to develop and maintain this expertise with site personnel. Failing to provide the appropriate equipment care can have a negative influence over time and lead to:
- Reduced removal efficiency
- High corrective maintenance costs and decreased availability
- Reduced equipment lifetime
- Increased impurity concentration lowering acid product quality
Our holistic inspection service
The Metso Outotec EDITUBE WESP inspection scope combines three areas of expertise into one comprehensive service package, ensuring the maximized performance of EDITUBE throughout the lifetime.
The inspection consists of reviewing the current WESP operation, inspections of the mechanical and electrical conditions including:
- Identification of key performance parameters from DCS and the control system
- Evaluation of key operational data and report on recommendations with regards to T/R unit operating parameters
- Inspection of the mechanical equipment condition
- Instrumentation review
- Inspection of electrical equipment
- Verification of required/available spare parts
These activities are performed by experienced Metso Outotec service personnel while maintaining the highest standards in work safety.
A service report is compiled for each inspection which summarizes the overall condition of EDITUBE and provides recommendations for improving operations, alignment and follow-up maintenance, which may include repairs or replacements. Possible upgrades and modernizations are recommended and the spare part status is verified.
The regular performance of the WESP inspection supports a systematical approach to plant maintenance and provides benefits for the plant operation such as:
- Decreased maintenance costs
- Longer lifetime
- Improved reliability
- Increased availability
- Minimized power waste