Learn how others have improved profitability and reduced risk
Convey over difficult terrain, including low radius curves, with no intermediate material transfer points
Why use Metso Outotec cable belt conveyors?
Safety & reliability
Superior safety with fewerrepairs / maintenance, lower noise, less spillage and cleaner environment
Lower environmental impact
Retrofits & refurbishments significantly reduce raw material consumption when compared with the procurement of new equipment.
OEM quality, warranty & support
Unmatched parts quality with standard factory warranty and dedicated local support.
- Simple and robust
- Conveying lengths from 1 km (0.62 miles) to 30 km (18.64 miles)
- Able to negotiate horizontal curves down to 500 meters radii
- Conveying capacity from 500 mtph to 4,000 mtph
- Speeds from 3.0 meters per second to 7.5 meters per second
- Wide range of materials with varying properties including density and lump size (e.g. coal, bauxite, potash, limestone, copper ore, nickel ore and iron ore)
- No intermediate transfer points
How it works
Pre-troughed conveyor belt employs grooved shoe-forms on each side of the belt that ride on specially designed steel cables. The cables that drive the conveyor are supported, contained and directed throughout the length of the conveyor by line pulleys, which are bolted to the line stand frames. The conveyor variable speed drives can be located at either end. These systems can be driven by head, tail or intermediate drives depending on the varying applications and designs.
Cable Belt conveyors are ideal for:
- Long-distance conveying
- Where trucking material is costly
- Site conditions with:
- Difficult and rugged terrain
- Temperature extremes
- Extreme elevation changes, steep inclines or steep declines (18 degrees max)
- Corridor restrictions (property acquisition, right of way, water crossings, road crossings, power line crossings, animal crossings)
- Bulk ports and terminals
All type conveyors and solutions
Parts and services
Contact local sales experts
Your information is safe. Check our privacy notice for more details.
We will shortly contact you. You can send a new inquiry again after 15 minutes.