See how other companies have improved profitability and reduced risk!
Reliable and optimized dewatering solution with high volume processing for difficult tailings applications and concentrate filtration
Up to 66 chambers installed
Up to 515 m² filtration area
Up to 10 bars operating pressure
30, 40 or 50 mm chamber depth
Mechanical dewatering by pressure
Metso Outotec VPA pressure filters are developed for filtration of metallic minerals, industrial minerals, coal and tailings.
The filter has simple mechanical construction and design, with few moving parts. By using a pulling hydraulic cylinder system for closing and sealing the filter plate pack, we can provide a compact layout and a light weight support frame design. Polypropylene filter plates are used for good chemical resistance and the light weight.
Fully automatic control system
The pressure filter is controlled by a system consisting of a PLC connected to a screen. On the monitor the filter operator can follow and control the filter operation and information such as settings, statistics and alarms.
This solution is Planet Positive
Planet Positive portfolio focuses on the most impactful technologies in our sustainable offering. Out of four focus areas, this solution creates value and positive impact on the following:
To learn more about Planet Positive and our products Click here
• Lightweight polypropylene filter plates are mounted on a bolted steel frame and moved by hydraulic cylinders.
• Adjacent “filter and compression” plates form a filtration chamber. The filter cloths hang between each pair of plates. Rubber membranes are protected by the filter cloth thereby reducing wear.
• By mounting the filter on a load cell system the filtration cycle is monitored and controlled.
• Chambers are top fed for optimum filling. Two sided filtration speeds up the “filling” cycle.
• Openings for pulp, water and air are generously dimensioned to reduce energy losses and wear.
• The VPA design facilitates easy cloth changing.
• Air blow pressure 5-8 bar (73-116 psi). Membrane pressure 6-9 bar (87-131 psi)
Filter parts and services
Metso Outotec offers unsurpassed filter cloth quality, improved availability and optimized process results for overpressure and vacuum ...
VPA filter plates and membranes
Obtain optimum dewatering performance and low maintenance costs with our VPA filter plates and membranes.
VPA Filter Extension Kit
The Metso Outotec VPA extension kit is a quick, cost-effective solution to maximize your current production performance without changing ...
Life Cycle Services for Filters
Achieving optimal filtration results require filters to be in excellent condition. LCS for filters can help improve overall filter ...
Get fast, accurate information about the condition of your filtration equipment, recommendations for maintenance, and improved operation.
Contact our experts
Your information is safe. Check our privacy notice for more details.
We will shortly contact you. You can send a new inquiry again after 15 minutes.