The process principles are the basis for numerous rotary kiln plants and still represent the dominant technology for the direct reduction of lump ore or pellets using coal.
- Operates with the widest range of iron-bearing materials, such as pellets, lump ore, beach sand, ilmenite and also iron ore fines with SL/RN-Xtra.
- Works with an extensive range of reductants, such as sub-bituminous coals and lignites, bituminous coals, and in special cases also anthracite and coke breeze
- Improves thermal efficiency with waste heat recovery systems in combination with export power generation
- Meets environmental standards for emissions control
- Can increase capacity with multiple line installations and an optimized material flow
Related products & services
Improve mixing tank operation and reliability with our cost-effective OKTOP® agitator upgrade.
OKTOP® Atmospheric Reactors are designed based on our deep knowledge of agitation and metallurgical processes.
The OKTOP Autoclave offers reliability, delivers optimal metal recovery performance, and is backed by a strong proprietary equipment ...
OKTOP® Autoclave plant unit provides a controlled environment with sufficient storage and flexible live volume for smooth operation.
The OKTOP® Conditioner offers a thorough mixing of reagents in the main slurry flow, combined with efficient solid suspension.
The OKTOP® Filter Feed Tank system is designed to maximize availability and live volume, without compromising operational parameters.
See improved safety, maintenance, and operation with the exclusive productized Metso Outotec OKTOP® plant design.