The AusIron process is capable of producing hot metal from a variety of iron-bearing materials while using locally available coal in a single reactor.
- Allows iron ore fines to be processed without the need for agglomeration processes such as pelletizing or sintering
- Offers high flexibility for iron feedstocks and coal grades
- Uses heat recovered from the furnace and off-gas to produce steam for electric power generation (with approximately 60 MW surplus available for export), making it almost independent from the external power supply
- Lowers investment costs through a single reduction and smelting process unit for the production of hot metal directly from an iron source
- Reduces operating costs through low-cost raw materials
Benefit from our comprehensive range of research and test services that support you for the entire life cycle of your plant.
Receive the support you need from an early project phase, in order to best assess your process options.
Ensure your projects are executed smoothly and effectively with our high-quality engineering services.