Metso Outotec has grouped its portfolio of intelligent instruments under the Sense series. The portfolio is designed to solve specific process challenges and enable optimization for minerals and hydrometallurgical processes. The market’s most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent instruments is part of Metso Outotec’s Planet Positive offering. Covering the entire flowsheet, Sense series instruments are suited for both new and existing operations.
“Metso Outotec Sense series includes specialized instruments that provide data for analytics and a better understanding of processes. They utilize the latest technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and neural networks for extra insight. These additional tools for process problem solving and data mining can significantly help improve production within customer operations,” explains Veli-Matti Järvinen, Vice President, Automation product group at Metso Outotec.
The latest additions to the portfolio bring improved value
- Metso Outotec FrothSense+™ takes flotation optimization to the next level with the latest technology and capabilities. It has completely new and redesigned software and hardware. It includes the best features from two legacy systems, FrothSense™ and VisioFroth™, and adds new capabilities such as froth height measurement, history analysis and artificial intelligence with deep learning algorithms to detect flotation properties.
- The new Metso Outotec RockSense™ product family will take comminution optimization to the next level with better knowledge of particle size distribution (PSD) on the belt. RockSense consists of a renewed, two-level offering: RockSense 3D and RockSense 2D, formerly known as VisioRock™. They enable online, continuous on-belt coarse particle size distribution. RockSense 3D also adds new capabilities with artificial intelligence and deep learning algorithms to detect oversized lumps and foreign objects, for example.
- Metso Outotec MillSense™ provides online volumetric charge analysis by direct measurement of charge position. It is now available, together with SmartEar™, as a bundle. SmartEar™ uses sound to give an additional measurement of charge impacts and liner wear. The bundle fuses acoustic, vibration and force sensor information for improved online analytics of mill operations. This enables new ways of optimizing grinding performance.
In total, Metso Outotec intelligent instruments include more than 10 technologies to optimize the mining process:
- RockSense™ 2D: An online particle size analyzer system for rocks moving on a conveyor belt that uses 2D imaging technology.
- RockSense™ 3D: Accurate, continuous on belt coarse particle size distribution and volume flow using 3D imaging.
- MillSense™: Analysis of toe and shoulder position and total volume of the charge. Enables load control and mill optimization.
- FrothSense+™: New system with best features and capabilities for froth flotation analysis. It adds AI neural network, multiple regions of interest and froth height measurement.
- CycloneSense™: An online measurement of hydrocyclone air core data enables measuring and visualization of their performance.
- LevelSense™: Utilizing electrical impedance tomography (EIT), LevelSense improves the slurry level measurement of flotation cells.
- CarbonSense™: An online measurement of carbon concentration in carbon-in-pulp and carbon-in-leach applications.
- CellSense™: Tankhouse monitoring system that automatically measures electrolyte temperature and voltage in individual cells.
- SmartEar™: Online impact analyzer uses sound to provide additional measurements of charge impacts and lifter/liner wear.
- VisioTruck™: Advanced vision technology for estimating rock size distribution of mine truck loads.
- SmartTag™: An innovative system for open pit and underground mines to track ore from the mine to the processing plant, and beyond.
- VisioPellet™: A pellet size-control system that measures the size of green pellets using proven camera technology installed in a pelletizing disc or drum.
Sustained results with Metso Outotec’s automation and digital solutions
Metso Outotec’s automation and digital solutions are designed to provide performance improvements for our customers. These results can be sustained and improved through the support of additional Expert Services or a long-term Metso Outotec Life Cycle Services (LCS) contract.
For further information, please contact:
Johanna Newcomb, Director, Intelligent instruments, Automation, Metso Outotec, tel. +358 20 483 5382, email: johanna.newcomb(at)mogroup.com
Helena Marjaranta, Vice President, Communications and Brand, Metso Outotec, tel. +358 20 484 3212, email: helena.marjaranta(at)mogroup.com
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change. Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2021 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec