The Outotec® HSC Chemistry® process modeling platform is widely used in the metallurgical and chemical industry and universities for R&D, process design, and training workshops. The HSC Chemistry 10 is a major version upgrade, with a many new features, faster operation, and improved user interface.
HSC Chemistry 10 is the result of more than 50 years of development effort, hundreds of hours of discussions with end users, and decades of industry experience; it is truly a state-of-the-art process simulation package that seamlessly integrates into the wider metallurgical and chemical engineering process design environment.
Essential tool for process design and operation
Metallurgical and chemical process technology must always be tailored for the local raw materials, energy sources and legislation, because the ores and secondary raw materials are unique at every site. Process flowsheet modeling is the basic tool, which makes it possible to optimize process recoveries, grades, OPEX, CAPEX, KPI guarantees, engineering data, environmental footprints, etc.
HSC Sim module is able to simulate the whole life cycle of metals and chemicals including mineral processing, smelting, hydrometallurgical refining, precious metals recovery, and recycling. With HSC, a process designer can create a competitive and sustainable process.
HSC LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) tools make it possible to understand and optimize the process not only from the technical and economic point of view, but also considering the environmental impact. It is critical to do this at the process design stage as it is difficult and expensive, if not impossible, to make changes after the engineering, construction, and start-up stages.
Large number of application possibilities
HSC is also a basic R&D tool, which decreases the amount of expensive trial-and-error chemistry. The experiments can be wisely designed before costly laboratory and pilot test campaigns. HSC also provides a lot of benefits in the analysis stage of the research work, and finally converts valuable experimental results into an easy to use digital format.
Universities widely use HSC in workshops, because HSC offers versatile tools for various stages of education. Methodological skills related to modelling and simulation create connections between theory and practice, which helps students to understand the role and relevance of theoretical studies when they have a chance to apply their theoretical knowledge in real-life related problems using tools that are actually used in R&D projects.
The new HSC Chemistry 10 has a long list of new features. See the release notes for the full list of updates.
HSC 10 top new features include:
- New subscription-based licensing replaces old perpetual licensing
- HSC 9 calculation module files are upward compatible with the new HSC 10
- Sim Model Base expands personal expertise to organization expertise
- Sim Model Optimization with Monte-Carlo, PSO, Simplex, MFit (SQP)
- Sim Model Convergence Monitor for static models
- Sim Dynamic Report is a new tool for collecting simulation data
- Sim file loading and calculation speed improvements
- Sim Unit Operation Protection
- Sim model combination improvements
- Sim OpenLCA dialog improved and updated
- Sim new generic unit operations
- Gem Equilibrium Module: Own Pitzer parameters, electrode potential calculations
- Aqua Module with own Pitzer database
- New Sampler Module with save/open features
- Diagram Navigator Module: new triangulation algorithm and several small improvements
- Data Processing Module with new algorithms and faster graphics
- Material Database Module with links to location maps
- HSC Main Database Module with new and updated data for chemical species
- HSC Main Menu with Sub Menu
- Lot of minor improvements and bug fixes
Learn more about the HSC Chemistry software:
For further information please contact: email@example.com