A high-quality backfill system is vital to ensure mine integrity and the safety of personnel, as well as to minimize the volume of tailings that need to be directed to tailings dams on the surface. With a dedicated paste backfill plant, mines can produce high-quality paste at a lower cost than is possible with modified concrete plants and larger, previous-generation paste backfill plants.
The Outotec® Modular Paste Backfill Plant (MPB 80) is a high-quality, cost-effective plant solution for underground non-ferrous mining applications with low-range backfill throughput requirements. It is an ideal alternative to installing a concrete batching-style plant that has been reconfigured for producing paste backfill.
A compact, cost-efficient solution for high-quality paste backfill production
With a dedicated paste backfill plant, mines can produce high-quality paste at a lower cost than is possible with modified concrete plants and larger, previous-generation paste backfill plants.
Because the Outotec® Modular Paste Backfill Plant features a combined paste mixer and hopper in place of separate units, it enables significant reductions in both plant size and maintenance requirements. In addition to reducing the plant footprint, this unique process design significantly reduces the need for cleaning, meaning the plant can run for multiple shifts without having to shut down.
The plant components are pre-assembled off-site and delivered in larger, pre-engineered modules, enabling a significantly shorter interval between order placement and installation and start-up.
- Reduces CAPEX without compromising paste backfill quality
- Reduces need to direct tailings to surface dams for deposition
- Low-maintenance – plant can run for several shifts without shutdown for cleaning
- Reduces OPEX over mine lifetime with highly accurate binder addition
- Compact footprint reduces cost of civil works and increases flexibility of plant location
- Modular design speeds up delivery lead-time and installation
- Full range of O&M services available to ensure smooth, efficient operation
Visit our web site for more information: